Tennis is big here.
Get a game day or night.
What you should know
- We are known for having the best courts in the area
- We have about 130 active tennis members
- Players range from 3.0 beginners to 5.0 tournament players
- Our mens league team ranks in the top three in the country
What we have
- Five Har-Tru clay courts
- A full service Pro Shop open 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (equipment, apparel, racquet stringing & regripping)
- Court availability from 8:00 a.m. - 10: 00 p.m. daily
- Lighted courts for day or night play
Our seasonal events include:
- Ladies and Mens' guest days
- A trip to one major tournament in Key Biscayne (The Miami Open)
- Pro Night Exhibition
- Club Championships
The Men’s Game
- Inter-county “4 plus” five court league
- For players 4.5 level and lower
- Matches are played on Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m.
- Team play runs January - April
- The Treasure Coast three-court league
- For players from the 4.0 and 3.5 levels
- Matches are played weekly, usually on Fridays mid day
- Inter-club 3.0 league
The Women’s Game
- Inter-club 3.5 league
- Round Robins: Every Thursday
- Mixed Doubles: First Sunday of every month
- Summer Night League: Matches begin at 5:00 p.m.
- Several member-guest days throughout the year
- Member tournaments for women, men and mixed doubles for both A and B levels
Pro Night Exhibition
During the winter season we participate in the Pro Night Exhibition. The exhibition gives Martin County tennis professionals the opportunity to compete at the top private country clubs in the area. Pro Night showcases high level, competitive play for true tennis fans. Members participate in a Pro-Am event during the exhibition.
The Key Biscayne Miami Open (formerly the Sony Open) tournament is very special to Willoughby tennis players. A luxury bus provides transportation to the event, tickets are arranged by our Tennis Pro and together members make a day trip out of it to enjoy a great professional tennis event.
Davis Cup and other tournaments in Delray usually find groups of Willoughby’ers together in attendance.
Opportunities to learn to play are plentiful throughout the year.
Private (single & series) and semi-private instruction is available with our full-time, year-round USPTR Tennis Professional, Dan Stover.
Weekly Clinic Sampling
- Adult Group
- After-School Junior Program
- Ladies Team Practice
- Cardio Tennis
- Open Clinic
- Fit by Tennis in 60